Whether you love your co-workers, or hate them, you’re stuck with them! In many offices, your co-workers become your friends, and sometimes even family. Having good co-workers makes the work day go by so much faster.
But are you being a good co-worker?
Here are 5 tips to become a better co-workers:
- Always say hello
- Every morning, make sure you make a round to say hello so your co-workers know your there and available, and also feel like you’re checking in
Return calls and e-mails promptly.
- Nothing is worse then sitting around, waiting to hear back from a co-worker, so make sure you are returning calls and emails promptly.
Give credit where credit is due.
- Be sure to compliment your co-workers on their successes so they feel valued, and they will likely return the favor to you
Always be on time to show you respect other people’s time.
- If you have a meeting time, make sure you hold yourself true to making it on time. It’s very frustrating when one co-worker is waiting on another, and very disrespectful!
Keep a positive attitude
- Things can get difficult at work sometimes, and a positive attitude can go a long way!