The bushfires blazing across parts of Australia’s east coast have claimed lives, destroyed homes and killed millions of animals. As of 6am on Monday (1/6/2020) the New South Wales RFS said on Twitter there were 136 fires burning across the state, 69 of which are uncontained.
A lot of people like to donate physical items such as food and clothing but those types of items take up much needed community space, and if you’ve seen the pictures of where these people and animals are having to flea to…all space is precious.
Here are 8 organizations you can donate to:
- Australian Red Cross Disaster Recovery and Relief
- Salvation Army Disaster Appeal
- St Vincent de Paul Society Bushfire Appeal (NSW)
- NSW Rural Fire Service
- Country Fire Authority (CFA), Victoria
- The Victorian Bushfire Appeal
- The Port Macquarie Koala Hospital