If you’ve made it to the third date with the same person, you know you click well enough to see them three times and you’re off to a good start. Some singles see the third date as more significant because they’ve invested time and energy into this potential partner, but it’s probably still way too early to know if you want to be with this person.
Relationship therapist Dr. Chloe Carmichael advises trying not to think about the future at this stage, but she says you should know these things by the end of the third date.
- What their dating goals are – You just want to know if they’re on the same page and if they’re looking for a casual hookup or something more serious.
- If your values are compatible – You should know if what matters to you – whether that’s family, religion, moving up in your career, or eating healthy – is also important to them so you have an idea of whether your values work together.
- If they’re generally an upbeat person – By the third date, you can tell if they have an optimistic attitude about life or if they’re more negative, and if that’s something you want in your life.
- If their relationship with time meshes with yours – If you’re a planner who is never late to anything and they’re a more spontaneous, laid-back, last-minute type who doesn’t make plans, you could still work as a couple, but it could be a challenge.
- If you don’t want to see them again – If you don’t enjoy being around them after three dates, there’s no point in wasting more time and you may want to let your third date be the last.
Source: Women’s Health