Sweeten Up Thanksgiving with this Easy Crockpot Spiced Apple Cider Drink
It’s simple, it’s delicious and guess what?! It’s one of my holiday favorites.
My mom taught me this one and its quite the game-changer. It’s a drink that warms you up inside and helps you to survive the family invasion. It’s a true blessing.
I’ve made it countless times for my friends and they love it too! Check out my easy hot spiked apple cider recipe below and let me know how you like it. This recipe serves 6 people.
- One gallon of apple cider
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon of allspice
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- Captain morgan spiced rum 750ml
- Get a crockpot that will hold the one gallon of apple cider. Pour the apple cider into the slow cooker along with the cinnamon sticks. DO NOT add in the alcohol or it will cookout.
- Take a toothpick and poke holes all around the orange about 1/2 apart from each other. Stick the whole cloves into the toothpick holes in the orange.
- Put the orange into the crockpot along with the 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of nutmeg and 1 teaspoon of allspice. Cook on low for about 3 hours.
- After it is done the cooking in the crockpot, pour some into a cup, add a shot of rum (if you are 21 or older) and add a cinnamon stick as garnish. The final step, enjoy it!