We get it…dating is a lot. It’s hard to keep up with, especially if you’re not currently dating. All these terms, all these horror stories but you know we here on The MRL Morning Show love to keep you guys informed.
You’re probably familiar with dating terms like “ghosting” or “cat fishing” but according to the dating site Plenty of Fish, there are a whole new group of dating terms to know for the new year.
Here’s what we found…
- Fleabagging – inspired by Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s iconic character, “Fleabag,” this is where you constantly date people who are not right for you
- Dial toning – when someone gives you their number, but when you text, they never respond
- Cause-playing – when an ex gets back in touch to ask you to donate to a charity or cause they support
- Eclipsing – when someone takes a serious interest in their new partner’s interests and hobbies
- Exoskeleton-ing – when your current partner’s ex keeps getting in touch with you, usually through social media
- Yellow Carding – when you call people out for poor dating etiquette
- Typecasting – where you base people’s compatibility on things like a star sign or the Myers Briggs personality test
- Glamboozled – when you’re getting ready for a date and then they cancel last minute