So I’ve been trying to plan the perfect holiday weekend for my family. I will have my two nieces in and I want to create something truly special.
Back where I’m from, we don’t have all the great Christmas festivities that the Charlotte area has to offer. So I’ve come up with a fun holiday plan for anyone wanting to take their families out!
- Speedway Christmas – I’m actually really excited about this one. If you’ve never been, you drive through a light show featuring more than 4 million lights that include most of the oval, the infield, and the ROVAL. Yes, you literally drive on the race track. They officially open this Friday and they have amazing deals like half-off pricing at the gate, half-off wristbands and Santa photos, $1 foods in the Christmas village and wonderful movies playing on a massive projection screen!
- Southern Christmas Show– I took Producer Nicole for the first time last weekend. It officially wraps up this weekend and it is the largest holiday show in America with over 450 vendors.
- Whitewater Center Ice Skating – This new ice skating rink includes 17,000 square feet of ice on the Upper Pond of the whitewater river, and it’ll have three areas (free skate, winter sports, and a 600-foot ice trail). The skating area will also have a skate-up bar where you can buy craft beer, hot chocolate, and coffee.
- Charlotte Christmas Village – Christkindlmarkt – The annual European-inspired Christmas Market is back. Expect the usual specialty foods, Glühwein in a souvenir village mug, cider, hot chocolate, vendors, photos with Santa, and holiday performances.
- The Polar Express Train Ride – We all know the “Polar Express” – Now you get to live it. Treat your inner child and family to a holiday train ride. More details