Primary Menu

“When I went to put one of the berries in my mouth, it was kind of hanging from it.”

Charlotte local, Tim Fox, claims he almost ate a scorpion last week after bringing home blackberries he bought from a nearby grocery store. According to WSOC TV, Fox said he didn’t realize what it was at first and immediately threw it in the trash. “I went back, and I looked in the trash and I picked this scorpion up and it was dead,” he said. “I put it on my desk at work and I had about four coworkers around me, and we were like, ‘Oh my God.’” The MegaBerryes brand of blackberries were bought from the Harris Tetter on John J. Delaney Drive. To see photos and read the full story, click here.