- Resident Culture Brewing
- The Dumpling Lady, Streamline Kitchen, Strudelteig Food Truck, No Forks Given, Libretto’s Pizzeria Charlotte, and Holy City Waffles. Remember: next week is the last week of Food Truck Friday for the season.
- 4-9 p.m.
- Triple C
- Josh Daniel’s Grateful Band will be covering all the Grateful Dead songs you love.
- 4-10 p.m.
- Heist Brewery and Barrel Arts
- Sip on some brews and see local and regional artists perform Motown music live.
- 8 p.m. to midnight.
- 314 N. College St.
- The 10,000-square-foot space includes luxury suites with state-of-the-art simulators that allow you to play soccer, baseball, zombie dodgeball, and other games. And of course the simulators have golf courses, 85 of them.
- 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Free to attend.
- U.S. National Whitewater Center
- A nighttime 5K or 10K distance through the USNWC trail system. After the race, stick around for awards, fire pits, music, prizes, and food and beverage at the Pump House Biergarten.
- 5:30-10 p.m.
- The Checkers are taking on the Springfield Thunderbirds.
- 7 p.m.
- 2530 Whitehall Park Drive
- Mac and Cheese competition
- 1-5 p.m.
- The Unknown Brewing Co.
- Their celebrating 5 years with 20 breweries competing to see who can come up with the most strange brew.
- 7 p.m.
- Charlotte Regional Farmers Market
- CLT Vegan Chicks will teach you how to make Jackfruit BBQ Sandwiches with Coleslaw.
- 10 a.m. to noon.
- Discovery Place Science
- ¡Cuba! the exhibition kickoff is starting with this Cuban fiesta. Expect Cuban music and dancing that represent the fiesta’s vital role in Cuban culture throughout time. Plus, get a first look at the exhibition, plus salsa lessons, amazing performances, cocktails and food.
- 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Daily Mews Cat Cafe – 3748 Monroe Road
- They will be featuring a wand-making workshop, Hogwarts house puddle painting, themed drink specials, and exclusive merchandise. Each activity includes a one-hour lounge visit with the kitties.
- 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- SouthPark Mall
- Enjoy light breakfast bites with music, a craft, and a story with Santa.
- 9-10 a.m.
- 303 S. Church St
- 4:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- 2500 Dunavant St.
- A Field day with 10 game stations, free pops, pizza, tie-dye T-shirts, and face painting.
- Noon to 3 p.m.
- Charlotte Convention Center
- This year’s theme is super heroes. Dress up for dancing, raffles, music, and a cash bar. The annual event has raised more than $1 million for HIV care so far.
- 6 p.m.
- Divine Barrel Brewing
- Live music by Province of Thieves, raffles, food trucks, drinks, and Fido’s Force Top Dog Competition (participating dogs must register to enter the contest). This event is sponsored by Novant Health and supports LUNG FORCE, an initiative by the American Lung Association to bring greater awareness to lung cancer and raise critical funds for lung cancer research.
- 2-5 p.m.
- NoDa Brewing
- Come by NoDa for holiday gifts and decor, adoptable dogs from Blue Ridge Boxer Rescue, food and drink specials, and local craft vendors.
- 2-6 p.m.
- Panthers Practice Dome
- Get a workout with Bachelor celeb Shawn Booth and Aly Faber “The Stretch Lady”, plus a happy hour with Michelob Ultras, food, and a DJ.
- Flower Child – 1537 Camden Road
- Take a $5 45-minute yoga class on the patio, check out some foster pups, and get 10 percent off your meal, along with mini lemon cakes and rose petal lemonades, after class.
- 10 a.m.
- 2921 N. Tryon St.
- A relaxing, restorative $5 yoga class (half-pour beer included).
- 10:45 a.m.
- $5, cash.
- Queen Park Social
- QPS will be playing the game while you bowl, grab beers, etc
- 1-4 p.m.
- Lenny Boy
- $4 beers (or $3 Kombucha-Mosas).
- 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Freedom Park – 1900 East Boulevard
- The Pajama Walk is a community walk to raise awareness and funds for Friendship Circle & ZABS Place
- 12:30 p.m.
The Comedy Zone
Don’t miss the bestselling author, actor, and radio personality’s live standup routine.
7:30 p.m. & 9:45 p.m.
Eye on Tryon
Victoria Yards – 408 N. Tryon St.
Take a spin on the 80-foot ferris wheel overlooking Uptown while DJ Smitty plays music.
$8 adults, $6 children.
Opera Carolina: Macbeth
See the classic Shakespeare tragedy performed through opera for an elevated evening.