Pecan pie is widely known as a holiday dessert and surely, you can’t let the holidays pass by without trying at least a slice of this delicious pie. But if you’re on a low-carb diet, you don’t have to panic cause with this recipe you can enjoy it as much as your little heart pleases. The trick with this recipe is simply to replace the traditional flour with almond flour and throw in erythritol (low-carb sweetener) to the dough. Cashew, almond, or pecan butter is the vital part of this recipe and of course, pecan pie would not be complete without pecans.
The ingredients you would need for the crust
- Almond Flour – 2 1/3 cups
- Erythritol – 1 tablespoon
- Egg – 1
- Melted ghee or grass-fed butter – 4 tablespoons
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
*** I say just buy a premade… but that’s just me! ***
The ingredients you would need for the filling
- Whole pecans – 2 1/3 cups
- Brown sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 3
- Melted butter – 4 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 tablespoon
- Erythritol – 1/3 cup
- Heavy cream – 1/4 cup
- Cashew, almond, or pecan butter – 1/2 cup
- Sea salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- The first step is to preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Then mix all the crust ingredients in a bowl. You can use a rubber spatula for this step.
- Next, grease your pie pan with oil or butter and place the crust into the greased pan. Ensure you properly press the crust to cover all edges to the top uniformly; you can use a spoon for this step.
- Place it in an oven and Bake until it is firm, it can take about 8 to 10 minutes. After baking, take it out from the oven and leave to cool.
- To make the filling, mix the heavy cream, eggs, brown sugar, salt, erythritol, butter, nut butter, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Mix until it becomes smooth and shiny.
- Pour in 2 cups of pecans to the mix. You can use a rubber spatula for this step.
- Add the filling into the pie crust.
- Feel free to decorate top with pecans
- Place it in the oven and bake until the pie. This will take about 30 to 35 minutes.
- After baking, leave it to cool.