A lot of people who know me from the show know that I have a dog, Finley, & he is my best friend…but what you may not know is that my ‘first born’ is feline!
That’s right…back in 2012 I got myself a cat! His name is now Polo Carter Weaver. I was in college and I had just gotten my first apartment. I grew up with animals so of course I wanted all of them when I was older but I knew at the point I was at in life, a dog wasn’t an option but maybe something less needy…a cat! That’s when I saw one of my friends post on Facebook that she found a mama cat on the side of the road and she ended up being pregnant. She had four adorable kitties and that is how I got Polo!
He’s been with me ever since! Him and my dog are best friends and he’s the best furry little friend!
AND…in case you were wondering. Here are some fun facts about cats!
- Cats & humans have been associated for nearly 10,000 years
- Cats conserve energy by sleeping for an average of 13-14 hours a day
- Cats have flexible bodies and teeth adapted for hunting small animals
- A group of cats is called a clowder
- A male cat is called a tom and a female cat is called a molly or queen
- Cats have powerful night vision