Dating is an important part of dating, right? Seems simple, but if you’ve been in a long-term relationship then you know how difficult it can be sometimes to keep the spontaneous date ideas up. Well…that is why we are here to help! Charlotte & our outer counties have a lot to offer… here are some ideas!
- White water rafting – The U.S. National Whitewater Center is perfect for this!
- Rock climbing – There’s a couple of places around Charlotte but I’ve been to Inner Peaks before and it was awesome!
- A luxurious balloon ride – Charlotte does have “Carolina BalloonFest” in Statesville in October so that could be a great way to make this happen!
- A tango class – Tango, ballroom dancing…any dance class would be fun! Sometimes you’ll see good deals on Groupon.
- Skydiving – There’s a place in Chester, SC that does skydiving…or if you aren’t quite ready for the real thing Concord has indoor skydiving that can be just as thrilling and exciting!
- Bike trip – Charlotte has so many mountain biking courses, I use the app “AllTrails” to find which trails I want to hike/bike next
- Race-car driving class – You’re in luck since Nascar calls Charlotte home! They have a driving experience at the Nascar track!
- Tickets to the opera/theatre/other cultural performance – There’s so many places in/around Uptown that offer all types of shows…Groupon has some of them on the app and also Ticketmaster!
“Couples can often forget to ‘play,’” Winter says. So she suggests adult playdates as a way to fix that. She’s not suggesting board game night, but full-blown activities like these:
- Mini golf
- Trapeze class
What is your favorite type of date night? Let us know! @themrlshow