Just 2 miles north of uptown Charlotte sits NoDa, a neighborhood recognized for its artistic touch. Many of Charlotte’s most recognizable art is located here as well as many creative restaurants. It has become a popular spot to spend time walking around and exploring different local businesses.
Here are some places you can bring your dog to while visiting NoDa:
- The Dog Bar is a neighborhood favorite, with live music and drink specials. The bar is similar to a dog park where dogs can be leash-free in a controlled environment. Your dog can play on an Astroturf field under a completely shaded patio while you enjoy a drink. Please note each dog will need a membership form on file and have paid an annual membership fee of $10.
- Johnny Fly Co. NoDa is an eco-friendly wooden sunglass store that also sells chemical-free leather bags. While you shop your dog is free to come in and meet their shop dog, Sir Baxter Fly.
- Heist Brewery is known as Charlotte’s only Craft Brewpub, served Tapas style. You are welcome to bring your dog with you to enjoy some of their many IPA’s, Belgian Table Beers, Porters, and Imperial Stouts. The venue has a patio where dog owners may sit to enjoy their drinks.
- Free Range Brewing is known for its wide variations of beer. Try anything from a blackberry wild ale to a farmhouse ale. Their outdoor patio is known to be crowded with dogs so enjoy a drink and let the dogs get to socialize.
- Smelly Cat Coffee House & Roastery is a pet-friendly coffeehouse, independently owned with blends for all coffee drinkers.
- Jack Beagle’s is a local laid-back tavern that offers traditional-American cuisine with live music. They have a large back patio that welcomes dogs. Feel free to stop by with your dog for lunch or bring them to socialize with you at night.