It’s safe to say you probably have told a lie or two in your lifetime!Have you told a lie today? You might feel better if I told you that lying is a part of human nature. Apparently, there are 6 main reasons why people lie.
The six types of lies are.
- self-oriented beneficial lies-lying to achieve a positive outcome for yourself.
- self-oriented protective lies-lies told to avoid a negative outcome for yourself.
- other-oriented beneficial lies-lies aiming to secure a positive outcome for someone else.
- other-oriented protective lies-lies told in order to prevent hurt befalling someone else.
- Pareto beneficial lies-lies told to benefit both yourself and someone else.
- Pareto protective lies-lies told to prevent hurt feelings toward both yourself and someone else.
The lies people tell have a lot to do with their personality traits. What’s your personality?