Last night MTV held their Video Music Awards and it did not disappoint. My favorite two things about events like this are 1) watching the celebrities arrive on the red carpet and 2) the performances. Now don’t get me wrong, I love the message that these celebrities are now standing for and speaking up about…but I also love the music. So while I will watch the awards, I love to go back the next day and re-watch the performances.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello – Senorita: CAN WE SAY FUEGO??? I love each of these singers as individuals, but c’mon power couple!!
- Taylor Swift – You Need to Calm Down x Lover: The world is just a better place with T.Swift in it!
- The Jonas Brothers – Sucker x Only Human: All the yes
- Lizzo – Truth Hurts x Good As Hell – last night’s award show realllllly made me want a collaboration between Lizzo & T.Swift!
- Miley Cyrus – Slide Away: This song breaks my heart…in all the good ways
- Lil Nas X – Panini: First off, I’m glad he didn’t perform ‘Old Town Road” – second off, it was awesome to watch him have so much fun!
Missy Elliott – Get Ur Freak On x Lose Control & More: over two decades of hits
Those are my favorite performances…what were yours? Tweet to me! @_nicoleweaver