Yeah…you read that correctly! The collective time passengers were delayed at Charlotte Douglas International Airport in 2018 is equivalent to 542 years.
The personal finance site FinanceBuzz just released its list of the 25 Most Delayed Airports in the Country. Now luckily we didn’t make the top 9…but we did make the top 10.
The site looked at data from the U.S. Department of Transportation, calculating airport rank based on total passengers departing, the percentage of flights delayed, and the average length of the delay. While Charlotte Douglas International Airport comes in at number 10 for the most delays, Chicago O’Hare International Airport came in first. Their delays in 2018 are equivalent to 1,133 years. Wow!
The site also notes that delays cost passengers about $33.20 an hour, which adds up depending on how much you fly!
Top Ten Airports With The Most Delays
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) (1,133 years)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) (991 years)
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) (872 years)
- Denver International Airport (DEN) (792 years)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) (654 years)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) (651 years)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) (617 years)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) (601 years)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) (551 years)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) (542 years)
Click Here for the full list & article!