Are you having trouble saving your paycheck? Here are ways to save without even trying!
Keeping every single penny in our pocket is so hard to do. We want to save our money without it feeling like our entire paycheck is going to savings.
Here are easy ways to save without thinking twice about it:
- Freeze your gym membership: Do you really use your gym membership? You can be putting that extra $30-dollars a month into your savings. And it’ll just increase with the interest.
- Ask to be reimbursed for Work-Related Expenses: Why spend your hard-earned dollars on those industry memberships that the company will take off for you?
- Take advantage of office perks: Free Lunch Fridays are the days you should NOT be buying out. Keep that extra money in your pocket.
- Differentiate between needs and wants: There’s a big difference between buying that jet ski that you want versus that pair of pants that you need.
- Have a Savings Goal – If you keep your eyes on achieving that $1,000 savings goal, better believe you will make it happen!
- Track Your Spending – Taking note of what you’re buying can help us gauge how much you’re overspending.
- Avoid Unnecessary Bank Fees – Did you know that you can get that late fee removed if you just call the bank and ask? Try it!
- Use Coupons and Online Promo Codes – If you don’t have the promo codes, Google does. Get yo search on!
- Save Your Raise – I know it’s tempting to blow money on that PS4 you’ve been dying to get, but put it in your savings and let that money stack!
- Always Make a Shopping List – The most important part of having this list is to stick to it. No adding stuff as you shop!
There are so many different ways to save money, but try and only spend it on necessities!
If you have a different way you save your money that works for you, tweet us! @TheMRLShow
Intern Shannon/ The MRL Morning Show