People joke all the time about their hotel rooms and how dirty they may be. Well, after reading these hotel employees come clean about hotel secrets…that may not be a joke anymore.
Buzzfeed asked hotel employees what secrets their guests would be shocked and horrified to know and we can officially say…mission accomplished. The list of things they revealed is quite horrifying.
- “The dirtiest part of a hotel is something no one thinks about: THE ROOM KEYS.”
- “Housekeeping never cleans inside drawers and nightstands.”
- “A lot of the time, guests try to hide these ‘accidents.'”
- “If someone pukes, pees, or poops in a bed at our hotel, the mattress ISN’T replaced.”
- “The laundry room that’s used for folding bedsheets is a GREAT place for quickies with guests.”
- “I can assure you that if you sound like a jerk on the phone, the room you’re asking about will always *suddenly* become unavailable.”
- “I personally knew a housekeeper who used the same cleaning rag to clean both THE TOILETS and EVERYWHERE ELSE ELSE in the rooms!”
- “TV remotes never get cleaned.”
- “Kitchens aren’t always sanitary.”
- “We NEVER wash the comforters.”
Okay so now that you’re grossed out…this suddenly has me wanting to book an Airbnb next time I travel but to be honest, who knows if that would be cleaner. What’s the alternative? Never travel again? Psht…I’ll take my chances in a hotel room!
See the full list here!