Here’s everything going on around town this weekend!
- PNC Music Pavilion
- Performing with Chris Janson and Dylan Scott
- 7:30 p.m.
- The Fillmore Charlotte
- 8 p.m.
Science on the Rocks: Winter Is Here
- Discovery Place Science
- They’re going to have tons of Thrones-themed activities like a Hodor “hold the door” tug-of-war challenge, Swordwinds Historical Swordfighting and more. There will also be themed drinks and snacks.
- 5-9 p.m.
- Queen City Grounds
- Luckily your giant New York apartment isn’t on the line, but you should still binge-watch “Friends” to prep for a fierce competition.
- 6:30-9:30 p.m.
2nd Annual Queen’s Royal Drag Ball
- Rooftop 210
- Watch the Queen’s of Charlotte werk it down the runway. A VIP ticket includes one-hour early admission (get the best spot near the runway!), rainbow flag and one specialty cocktail.
- 7:30-10 p.m.
- The Pizza Peel Cotswold
- They’re celebrating 11 years of business in the Cotswold neighborhood with all-you-can-eat free cheese and pepperoni pizzas, music, games and prizes.
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Ballantyne Village Wine Festival
- Blackfinn Ameripub – Ballantyne
- Sip your way through a large selection of local, regional and national wine varieties and vineyards. Learn from the experts, expand your palate, and dive even deeper into the styles you already know and love.
- Noon to 7 p.m.
Hops Fest Pup Parade
- This pre-festival celebration features a special brunch menu, craft brews and a dog groomer followed by a 1:30 p.m. parade of pups to the South End Hops Festival.
- Noon to 1:30 p.m.
South End Hops Festival
- 308 W. Carson Blvd.
- Expect 30 local breweries from North Carolina, local food trucks, artisans and live music at this beer lovers festival that benefits Rescued Me dog rescue. Pro-tip: You can bring your pup!
- 1-6 p.m.
Paws & Pints for a Purpose
- Legion Brewing
- Enjoy a one-mile dog walk led by the dog-walking professionals at Skipper that will start and end at the brewery.
- 10 a.m.
4th Annual Pints For Paws Charlotte
- The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
- Expect dog adoptions, live music, raffles, a dog kissing booth, photos ops and more. The event benefits the Live.Wag.BARK! Foundation, and is, of course, dog-friendly.
- Noon to 6 p.m.
The Cheerwine Festival
- Salisbury, NC
- Locals and fans of Cheerwine alike will enjoy strolling through historic downtown Salisbury, shopping craft vendors, sampling beers and dishes from Carolina establishments, listening to the headlining band, Smash Mouth and more.
- Noon to 10 p.m. Free.
- Free admission
Third Annual Montford Park Block Party
- 1515 Mockingbird Lane
- Bring the family for a day of music, food from local businesses, specialty booths and more.
- 4-9 p.m.
- Sycamore Brewing
- Power through a sweat sesh and then reward yourself with free samples from Nekter and brews from Sycamore. All participants will receive a raffle ticket to win a four-pack.
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Pink Knights Baseball Game
- BB&T Ballpark
- Cheer on the Knights as they take on the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs. Funds raised go to support uninsured local women in need of mammograms and other breast health needs.
- 7:04 p.m.
Relay For Life of Charlotte
- First Ward Park
- Join TEAM KISS, and your community to fight back against cancer
- 5 p.m. to midnight.
May Uptown Flea
- 406 N. Tryon St.
- Shop 60 vendors including local shops, handmade goods, vintage wares and plants. They’ll also have food trucks on site.
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Charlotte Metro Credit Union Amphitheatre
- The hit pop-rock band will be performing live on their limited North American tour with special guests Pale Waves and No Rome.
- 7 p.m.
VolunCHEERS South End Clean Up
- Fowler Porch and Hoppin’
- Help clean up the neighborhood, and then get rewarded with a Volunteer Appreciation Party at Hoppin’ with free food and raffle prizes. Supplies will be provided by Keep Charlotte Beautiful and the first 50 volunteers (21+) will receive a free custom T-shirt and complimentary beer ticket.
- 9:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Whitewater River Jam
- Bring your friends, family and a blanket for a night of music, craft beer and food. Tonight’s entertainment will be Old Salt Union.
- 7-10 p.m.