Do you want to make working out a team effort with your partner? Well here are some dos and don’ts to workout by.
- Make it a joint effort. Do it together, at the same time.
- Be supportive. Be attentive to your partner even at the gym where others can grab your attention.
- Try out fitness classes together. Make it a fun one, something neither of you has tried before like pole dancing.
- Go running together. It’s great for your heart and it gets you outside.
- Do not grunt! Keep your volume low unless you’re lifting hundreds of pounds.
- Don’t Instagram. Please don’t scroll through Instagram workout models. Love the one you’re with.
- Don’t tell your partner to stop doing “vanity exercises”. Hopefully, you are at the gym to workout so take advantage of the time to burn calories.
Although I attend the gym with my husband often, when we get in the gym, we go our separate ways. No pressure, we are there to work out but I do enjoy attending the gym together.
Are you and your partner a fit couple and how do you make it work? Tweet us! @theMRLshow
Intern Darian / MRL Morning Show