Not only does this weekend kick off Charlotte Craft beer week, but with Easter right around the corner, there are plenty of opportunities to get a picture with the Easter Bunny!
- South End (2832 Griffith St)
- 6 p.m. – 9pm
- To start the annual Charlotte Craft Beer Week, more than 20 Charlotte breweries and cideries are coming together at Triple C Brewing to release limited brews specifically for this fundraiser. The event benefits one of our own, Matt McKenzie, our beer writer who was recently diagnosed with sinus cancer. Tickets include a raffle ticket and your first brew.
- Legion Brewing
- Noon to 6 p.m.
- A beer release, freshly grilled burgers from Mullis Family Farm, and live music to kick off Charlotte Craft Beer Week and NC Beer Month. Operation Sidekick, a program that exclusively trains rescued pit bulls as service dogs to help veterans, will also be at the event.
- Sycamore Brewing
- Noon to 10 p.m.
- Enjoy local barbecue from OooWee BBQ, live Bluegrass Music, fresh Sycamore beer and Wild Blossom Cider. Gyro Twins Truck will be on site serving lunch and dinner, too.
- Throughout Charlotte
- 9 a.m.
- $41 per person
- Get your team and get ready to compete in a modern-day treasure hunt for the chance to win tons of prizes, like a free vacation to Panama.
- Catawba Brewing Company
- 3-7 p.m.
- Cats, Dogs, Kids, Adults. Everyone is welcome to come and get their picture made with the Easter Bunny.
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Free, VIP is $5.
- Shop 50+ vendors all under one roof, in an intimate, curated shopping experience. VIP tickets will qualify you for special discounts and promos with all of the vendors, plus enter you into the raffle to win one of the five swag bags they’ll be giving away.
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
- Noon to 4 p.m.
- Included in admission.
- Leashed dogs are welcome to come to the Garden to sniff the spring blooms, talk with local pet adoption groups, shop from dog-themed vendors and enjoy family friendly activities.
- Lucky Dog Bark & Brew Charlotte
- 1-4 p.m.
- Carolina Big Hearts Big Barks Rescue will be on site taking photos of your pups for donations. Plus, Tacosaurus will be serving up food and 10 percent of bar sales will be donated to CBHBB.
- The Comedy Zone
- 7:30 p.m. & 9:45 p.m.
- See actor, writer and producer David Koechner (well-known for his role as Todd Packer on “The Office”) live.
- Route 29 Pavilion
- 4-11 p.m. $10, kids 5-12 are $5.
- Enjoy daily shows, classic carnival rides, and lots of fried foods.