Finally the weekend, here’s everything there is going on around town!
- Charlotte Comedy Theatre is bringing an experience unlike anything else in town.
- Ovens Auditorium
- Watch a screening of “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” in high definition while the Charlotte Symphony Orchestra performs John Williams’ otherworldly score.
- 8 p.m.
- Spectrum Center
- Camp North End
- A day of alternative music, food and drinks. 6-10 p.m. $12-$15.
- This uptown festival includes performances, face-painting, games, free makeovers, and much more. The affair is hosted by comedian Jiwan Kapp
- 1 p.m.
- Music Factory
- 12 PM – 6 PM
- 330 S Tryon Street
- 7:40 AM – 12 PM
UNC v Duke Game
- Tip off is at 6pm.
- Lots of area bars are doing things
POUR Coffee Festival
- Lenny Boy Brewing
- Admission to the festival includes unlimited tastings, ability to attend lectures and coffee classes and a souvenir tasting mug. They’ve got 15 exhibitors lined up ready to help celebrate specialty coffee culture in the Southeast.
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Brewers at 4001 Yancey
- Check out these adoptable pets.
- Noon to 4 p.m.
- Free attendance
- The Comedy Zone
- She’s the co-writer and co-creator for “2 Broke Girls,” and she starred in and created her former NBC show “Whitney.” She’s a writer as well as stand-up comedian.
- 7:30 p.m. & 9:45 p.m.
- McGlohon Theater
- America’s beloved dolls come to life with stories and songs about friendship and bravery. The franchise has created role models for young girls, and this show—put on by an all-female cast and crew—is no exception.