Catching Up With Cameron: Things To Do Around Charlotte This Weekend (March 1st- 3rd)
Here’s all the stuff you can enjoy this weekend in the Queen city!
It’s CIAA weekend in the Queen City, so expect lots of people to be in town this weekend.
If you’re looking for fun stuff to do this weekend, here are some of the cool things going on in the 704.
- Historic South End
- Many neighborhood galleries will stay open late to host lively receptions for new art exhibitions with music, food and drink, and an opportunity to meet the artists
- 6-10 p.m.
- BB&T Ballpark
- Appalachian State University will host Gardner-Webb University
- 7:05 p.m
- Ovens Auditorium
- Mike Epps, Lavell Crawford, Karlous Miller and Mark Curry will be performing live.
- 7 p.m.
- Flight, Lucky’s & Fitzgerald’s
- See three different DJs with food and drink specials and giveaways at each location.
- Noon to 9 p.m.
- Draught Charlotte
- Come try homemade gumbo, authentic King Cake, bloody marys and specialty beers. Proceeds will benefit a scholarship fund to help a student from the Carolinas attend LSU.
- 2-5 p.m.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s Whisky River at the Epicentre
- See the famous rapper perform live while you celebrate the tournament.
- 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- They’re ready to hire 4,000 new employees in a range of departments, so come discover what opportunities they have. Apply in advance so your information is already on file at the fair.
- 1-5 p.m.
- Tyber Creek Pub
- There’s going to be DJs, live music, a flip cup tournament and more.
- 7 p.m.
- Rosemont Bar
- Bundle up and grab your team to win prizes all weekend long. They’ve got tons of tournaments lined up (beer pong, giant darts, cornhole and more), plus live music, shotskis, food and drink specials and fire pits.
- 6 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Charlotte Convention Center
- Enjoy educational programming, step shows, concerts, talks from celebrities like Sonya Curry and free health services.
- 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Bojangles’ Coliseum and Spectrum Center
- See a men’s or women’s basketball game and/or hit up all of the parties and fan events happening over the weekend.
- All day Tickets start at $200.