If you ever seem a little too bored in a meeting, do this!
Meetings can be so boring sometimes….. okay all the time, BUT you can do these 9 things to look smarter!
- Draw a Venn diagram- it doesn’t matter if your diagram is wildly inaccurate, in fact. the more inaccurate the better. Who’s looking anyway?
- Translate percentages into fractions- this is always going to make you seem smarter, and feel smarter! if someone says “about 25%” reply with, “so only about 1/4.”
- Encourage everyone to “take a step back”- In every meeting, there’s a point where everyone is throwing in their two cents, except for you. this is the perfect opportunity to say, “Guys, guys, guys… can we tasker a step back here?” and reiterate the last thing talked about.
- Nod continuously while pretending to take notes- Always bring a notepad with you. Your rejection of technology will be revered.
- Repeat the engineer’s point slowly- After the person who is hosting the meeting makes their point. Say “let me just repeat that” and repeat what he/she said VERY slowly.
- Pace around the room- When someone gets up from the table and walks around the room, let out a sigh. Everyone will wonder what’s on your mind.
- Ask them to go back a slide- It doesn’t matter where in the presentation you shout this out, it will make you look like you’re paying closer attention than everyone else.
- Step out for an important phone call- once you step out for the important phone call, everyone will realize just how busy you are.
- Make fun of yourself- people LOVE self-deprecating humor.
For the full article, click this link!
Intern Sydney | The MRL Show