Here the GOOD news you may have missed this year.
With so much negativity in the news, it’s sometimes hard to find positivity but there were a lot of great things that happened this year.
Here are 10 GOOD news stories from 2018:
The U.S. Is Collectively Quitting Smoking
- A new CDC report shows that smoking is it’s the lowest it’s been since the CDC started keeping track of this in 1965
Charitable Giving Has Reached A Record High In The U.S.
- Americans gave over $400 billion to charity in a year, an increase of 5.2 percent over last year. And even more surprising (and positive) the overwhelming majority of those donations were from individuals.
A New Drug Appears To Be Kicking Ovarian Cancer’s Butt
- A new drug appears to drastically reduce the chances of recurrence of Ovarian Cancer. Half of the patients receiving it have remained cancer-free since the international study began in 2013. That’s pretty awesome when you consider when it comes to ovarian cancer, some 70 percent of patients relapse within three years
A Presumed-Extinct Kangaroo Has Reappeared After 90 Years
- In 1928, a biologist spotted the elusive Wondiwoi tree kangaroo for the first time in history. For the first time, another one was just spotted in September 2018.
Midterm Voter Turnout Hit A 50-Year High
- Okay, I know… Most of the negative new this year HAS been about politics, but one good thing that happened is how many people used their civic right to vote!
A Test Tube White Rhino May Save The Species From Extinction
- Although the last make White Rhino passed away this year, the species might be saved from extinction. Scientists have created the first test-tube-grown rhino embryos after taking eggs from female Southern White Rhinos and fertilizing them with frozen Northern White Rhino sperm. YAY!
The Ozone Layer Is Healing, And Could Be Repaired In Our Lifetimes
- If it continues at the current rate, scientists say the layer above the Northern Hemisphere should be completely repaired by the 2030s, and the Antarctic one sometime in the 2060s.
We’ve Started To Clean Up The Massive Pile Of Garbage In The Pacific
- In the middle of the Pacific Ocean, there is a GIANT mass of garbage cause HUGE problems in the present and in the future it not cleaned up! Well, The Ocean Cleanup Project just launched a massive effort to begin removing the mounds of trash using a specially designed system of floating nets. These nets should be able to remove 50 tons of garbage from the ocean every year.
Paraguay Successfully Eliminated Malaria
- Paraguay has been dealing with this issue since 1940!! Today… they have zero cases of Malaria after decade long efforts.
Over 100 Cities In The World Are Now Primarily Powered By Renewable Energy
- A February 2018 report shows that 101 cities around the world are now getting 70 percent or more of their energy from renewable sources.That number was at only 42 in 2015!
See? Not everything in the news is negative! Lets keep it up in 2019.