Fall is my favorite season because there is always TONS of festivals, activities, and events going on.
Here are a few fun “Fall-themed” things you can do around Charlotte this year:
Wise Acres Organic Farm in Indian Trail
- 4701 Hartis Rd, Indian Trail, NC 28079
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday; 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday-Saturday; 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
- What To Do: They have USDA certified organic strawberries and pumpkins, there is a corn maze, a wagon ride through the woods and animals(goats, rabbits, pigs, and chickens.) Also available are Wise Pie Wood Fired Pizza, apple cider slushies, organic popcorn and cotton candy, and local honey.
Hunter Farm in Weddington
- 13624 Providence Rd, Weddington, NC 28104
- 1-7 p.m. weekdays; 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturdays; noon-7p.m. Sundays
- What To Do: Enjoy a day at the farm with a wagon ride that visits the milk barn, petting barn (where you can feed the animals) and finally, a stop at the pumpkin patch. At night, you can schedule a wagon ride to a bonfire. Food trucks are on site on Saturdays.
Carrigan Farms in Mooresville
- 1261 Oakridge Farm Hwy, Mooresville, NC 28115
- Hay rides are at 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday; 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
- What To Do: Take a hayride to the pumpkin patch, and go shopping at the farm market. Plus, at night, they have Scarrigan Farms, which is a haunted trail for ages 12 and up.
- 3900 Rocky River Rd E, Charlotte, NC 28215
- 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m. daily
- What To Do: They offer hayrides, hay mountain and farm tours.
- 3718 Plyler Mill Rd, Monroe, NC 28112
- 6-11 p.m. Friday; 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday; 1-6p.m. Sunday
- What To Do: Enjoy hayrides, paddle boats, a corn maze, mini-maze, animal barn and an 1800’s train car.
Sept. 29-Nov. 18
- 16445 Poplar Tent Road, Huntersville.
- Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-5:30pm
- What To Do: The Renaissance Festival is FULL of attractions, entertainment, games and rides, live performances, jousting, authentic food such as turkey legs and fish and chips, shopping, and costumed cast members.
- Route 29 Pavillion, 5650 Sandusky Blvd., Concord.
- Mon.-Fri., 4pm-close; Sat.-Sun., 1pm-close
- What To Do: Come out for fair food, more than 30 rides, a petting zoo, a thrill show and a rattlesnake show.
- 260 Hangar Drive, Statesville.
- Fri., 3-8:30pm; Sat., 7am-8:30pm; Sun., 7am-6pm
- What To Do: Bring your cameras, lawn chairs, and blankets to experience a family-friendly festival featuring more than 50 hot air balloons, live music, food, wine and craft beer, kids’ zone, and artisan marketplace.
- Village Park, 119 North Main St., Kannapolis.
- What To Do: Come dressed in costume, and enjoy several games, treats, crafts and fun activities! Stick around after sunset for the feature film, “Scooby Doo.”