The dictionary is now a few pages heavier with the addition of 840 new words.
Do you sometimes listen to people and wonder what they’re saying? It’s no secret that vocabulary is always evolving, and now the dictionary is expanding to change with the times. Some of these new words you may have never heard of before.
New additions include:
- GOAT – defined as the greatest of all time: the most accomplished and successful individual in the history of a particular sport or category of performance or activity”
- Marg – an abbreviation for margarita
- Fav – short for favorite
- Bougie [[BOO-zhee]] – an abbreviation of bourgeois
- Zoodles – a long, thin strip of zucchini that resembles a string or narrow ribbon of pasta
- Mocktail – a nonalcoholic cocktail
- Hangry – irritable or angry because of hunger
- Tent city – a collection of many tents set up in an area to provide usually temporary shelter (as for displaced or homeless people)
- Bingeable – having multiple episodes or parts that can be watched in rapid succession
- Time suck – an activity to which one devotes a lot of time that might be better or more productively spent doing other things
- Instagramming – to post (a picture) to the Instagram photo-sharing service
- Gochujang – a spicy paste used in Korean cuisine that is made from red chili peppers, glutinous rice, and fermented soybeans
What word would you add to the dictionary if you could? @theMRLshow