Colton, Blake, Garrett, Wills … the list of dreamy men on Season 14 goes on. Let’s take a moment to wipe the drool from our chins and get to the bottom of what we have to do to be the next bachelorette.
I guess traveling the across the country and even world with 28 handsome men who all have their sights set on you doesn’t sound too bad when you think about it, right?
I’m officially at the point in my life where I need to get my shit together so I have a good resume when I apply for the bachelorette— E$ (@erinlyman36) November 8, 2017
Many have asked, and we have answers that explain just what the application process is like for potential contestants of ABC’s hit series, “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette” and who can apply.
First, there are guidelines and suggestions for how aspiring contestants should film their video that answers all of the application questions. This video should be about 10-15 minutes long and portray your true personality with lots of energy and smiles!
Seven questions should be asked by someone on the other side of the camera that will allow for each individual’s personality to shine through.
Here are the seven questions:
1. Introduce yourself, tell us your name, age and what you do for a living. Where do you live? Do you rent/own? Do you have roommates? Do you have pets? Introduce us to them! If you are doing the tape at home, give us a tour!
2. Give us a dating history. Have you ever been in love? If no, why not, and if yes, tell us your love story! Or tell us your funny first date story!
3. Describe your ultimate fantasy date! Do you have a favorite actor/actress?
4. Tell us about your family – are you close? Do you have siblings? Do you have any funny childhood stories or wacky family members you want to tell us about?
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
6. What would your hometown date be like? Where would we go and who would we meet?
7. Do you have any special talents? If there is a hobby or activity you like, tell us or show us. For example, if you love to cook, take us into the kitchen and show us what’s for dinner! If you love to work out, show us your routine! Feel free to take the camera out and about with you and tape in a different location – we want to get a little glimpse of your life!
Finally, contestants are required to send a close-up and a full body shot of themselves with the disc or USB of their finalized video.
Ladies, hurry up and get the camera rolling and the letters shipping because these Season 14 rejects aren’t looking so bad for next season’s “The Bachelor”!
If Colton is the next bachelor catch me on abc monday nights 7pm mountain time— savannah (@savannah__king) June 27, 2018
Taylor Helson – High Point University
Digital Content Intern – Charlotte, NC