Every relationship has its ups and downs, but the key is making sure your relationship is alive and well.
Everyone on The MRL Morning Show is in a long-term relationship. Those things aren’t easy, they take a lot of work and a lot of patience. Every healthy relationship has its ups and downs but no relationship worth keeping is going to come easy.
What if we told you we had a few ideas of things you can do with your partner each day to help your relationship? These are things marriage counselors have supported and backed up. You’re probably thinking, “Yeah, like what?”
We’ll tell you…
- Learn how to stand in love. Falling in love is easy, but make sure you’re not forgetting the romantic stuff because you and your partner are standing in love.
- Create some fun and romantic rituals so you have time for yourselves every night.
- Eat together. Having a simple meal together can ensure that you’re spending time together.
- Sleep and wake up together because while it can be good to get space, it’s always better to fall asleep and wake up next to the person you love.
- Kiss for six seconds. It may sound strangely specific but it can actually make a huge difference in your relationship.
- Exercising together is a good thing you can do for your own body and also with your partner.
Last but not least, don’t forget to talk every day. Make sure you’re still keeping each other in the loop about your lives. It’s important to keep healthy communication between you two.
It may feel like work sometimes to stay in love with your partner, but if you implement daily rituals and are being intentional, loving each other will come naturally.
Do you and your partner have rituals to keep yourself in love? Let us know @theMRLshow!