The Knot reveals what folks will be seeing at weddings this year.
The Knot has come out with their list of the biggest trends you might be seeing for weddings in 2018.
- Vibe Over Palette- Rather than picking their colors right away they are focusing on the theme.
- Statement Escort Card Displays- Say goodbye to simple cards with table numbers, and say hello to statements with their escort cards.
- Asking For Cash- Rather than getting the same gifts, three times over, couples are just asking for the money instead.
- Balloons and Arches- Couples are getting rid of flower center pieces and going for the cheaper alternatives, balloons. Even using balloons for their archways.
- Unexpected Entertainment- Instead of just having a DJ or Band couple are bringing in all night entertainment. Things like sketch artists, tarot card readers and pretty much any alternative you could think of.
- Re-imagined First Looks- Instead of just the bride and groom being present for the first look, the couple are now inviting important people in their lives to share the moment.
- Signature Eats & Experiential Dining- Couple will be personalizing their food experience with “his” and “hers” dishes, and expect to see some open-fire cooking.
- Hand-Painted Cakes & Inventive Flavors- The giant cakes are out and small cake bites are in. The bite sized cakes could each be hand-painted and expect some exotic pairing with fillings and frosting’s.
- Non-Traditional Venues- People are tired of the traditional catering hall and opting for unique locations, like historic libraries, large homes and even boxing gyms.
- Single Stem Bouquets & Baby’s-Breath Revival- Single stem statement flowers are in, and so are baby breath’s , which look great in flower crowns and other small hairpieces.
- Sleeves- More and more brides are opting for some kind of sleeve, with other going for sheer capes or lace caplets.
Would you do any of these for your big day? Let us know @theMRLshow !