Roy hosted a dinner party at his place this past weekend for bae’s work friends. The Kitchn put together a list of things to do to make your guests feel more comfortable and we put Roy to the test to see how he did.
Whether it’s work friends or friendsgiving or even family.. a lot of people will be welcoming houseguests for a meal or just for a visit. Here’s some things to do to make sure your guests feel more welcome:
- Stock up – it’s always nice to have a few things you know your guests like to eat and drink around when they’re coming to visit. This helps them know you care!
- Give them some space – Especially during this time of year, people will come with coats and purses so make sure you have free space where they can place them
- Offer them a drink – everybody likes a drink!
- Help them help themselves – make it easy for them to grab snacks and drinks
- Give out the WiFi password – it’s nice to have the password on a notecard or something that can be passed around so you don’t have to say it numerous times
- Swap in clean linens – if you are having overnight guests, always make sure they are sleeping on clean sheets
- Declutter common spaces – in Roy’s own words.. “declutter common spaces and clutter private spaces”
- Avoid the museum effect – don’t make your house look like it’s not homey. this will make people afraid to mess something up.