Taylor Swift came to TGIT, but not on a show herself. It was to promote 'reputation' which was released at midnight.
Fans, who already seem to know the words sing along to the chorus of "New Years Day," which was filmed in October. The YouTube caption says that Swift handpicked the 100 fans to be a part of the video.
She sits at the piano and plays the song, candlelit, and for the first time since the 'reputation' era began, we see the old Taylor Swift leak out.
With 'reputation' already released, E! took some time to transcribe all of the lyrics that could pertain to Kanye West off of this newest album. It's safe to say that "New Years Day" is not about Kanye at all.
A few include:
• "And I bury hatchets, but I keep maps of where I put 'em."
• "You've been calling my bluff on all my usual tricks / So here's a truth from my red lips."
"I Did Something Bad"
• "I never trust a narcissist / But they love me so I play 'em like a violin / And I make it look oh so easy / 'Cause for every lie I tell them, they tell me three / This is how the world works / Now all he thinks about is me."
• "If a man talks s--t, then I owe him nothing / I don't regret it one bit, 'cause he had it coming."
• "They're burning all the witches, even if you aren't one / They got their pitchforks and proof / Their receipts and reasons / They're burning all the witches, even if you aren't one / So light me up."
According to E!, Taylor will perform on Saturday Night Live, on November 11. No telling which song she will be sharing.
Watch it here:
This intimate fan performance of Taylor Swift's new song, "New Year's Day" from her album "Reputation" was filmed in October in the living room of her Rhode Island home. One hundred fans, who were picked by Swift herself, were in the audience.
Amy Cooper is one with the force and the force is with her.