Ah, Reddit. What a wonderful website. After someone posted the question, "Teachers of Reddit, what is a secret you don't want your students to know?" the internet went crazy and a bunch of secrets were revealed.
Here's some confessions...
- "I occasionally pray for some students not to show up to give myself half of a chance that day. Legitimate prayers."
- "For helper tasks (taking lunch count, attendance to office, etc.), we choose badly behaved kids, not well behaved ones. Gives us a break from them, and gives them less time destroying things in the classroom."
- "I graded drunk all the time."
- "We fart and blame it on you."
- "When I say I've been too busy to grade their tests it's almost always bull****."
- "Before I started dating their French teacher I was hooking up with their Math teacher... A year before that I was with their Grade 6 teacher."
WOAH! We even opened up the phone lines and talked to a teacher who made the jump from Pre-K to high school!
If you are a teacher.. does this seem right? What would you add to the list? Tweet us! @theMRLshow