Charlotte is awesome and full of things to do all year round.. but when it comes to celebrating the 4th of July. Charlotte has options for each and every person no matter what you’re into!
CharLIT 4th of July (get it?)
- Carowinds Military Days – Any active, inactive, or retired U.S. Service men & women can get free park admission with a valid military ID on July 3rd, 4th and fifth. Carowinds will also be having a firework display on July 4th
- 4th of July Festival @ the US National Whitewater Center – From July 3rd to July 4th there will be a festival including live music and a firework display both nights. While admission to this festival is free, parking will be $5
- Free Fishing Day – On July 4th it will be free to fish in all public bodies of water in NC. No fishing license is required
- 4th of July Celebration at Charlotte’s Museum of History – There will be a number of various activities for their annual 4th of July celebration including a naturalization ceremony for new citizens, tours, crafts, and a scavenger hunt. 3500 Shamrock Drive, 10am-2pm – If you are a member these activities are free but will be $5 for the general public
- 4th of July Festival at Birkdale Village – From 10am-1pm on July 4th there will be several activities for their 4th of July festival. This will include stage performances, face painting, balloon art, bounce houses, craft tables, bike decorating, a patriotic bike ride and more! There will also be an annual Huntersville Fire Department water fight at 12:15 pm!
- Tega Cay 4th of July Celebration – Festival will begin with a land parade at 9 am on July 4th, followed by a canoe joust, a boat parade, a Carolina Ski Show Team performance, the Splish ‘n Splash Summer Bash (at Golf Course Pavilion Area, featuring water inflatables, DJ & face painting) and a fish fry! There will also be a firework display around 9:15 pm
- Lake Wylie Fireworks – Fireworks will be most viewable from near the Buster Boyd Bridge around 9:15 pm
- Harrisburg 4th of July Celebration – There will be celebrations all day Monday & Tuesday at Harrisburg Park with live music, amusements, and lots more! On Monday there will be celebrations from 4pm-10: 30 pm and on Tuesday at 4pm-11: 30 pm. Both days will end with Firework displays.
- Red White and Boom – In Old Town in Rock Hill, SC there will be a lot of activities on Monday, July 3rd from 5:30 pm – 10:30 pm. There’s also a kids’ zone and a free concert. The night will end with a firework display at 10 pm
- Kannapolis Intimidators’ Ballpark – After the Monday, July 3rd game a fireworks display will take place
- Kings Mountain – The city of Kings Mountain is celebrating all day on July 4th. There will be a history encampment starting at 2 pm followed by a concert at 6 pm. The party goes on all day and will end with a pre-fireworks show and the main fireworks show later on
- Skyshow Charlotte – street festival, baseball, and a HUGE firework show with a view, need we say more!?
There’s so much going on for 4th of July – Let us know if we missed anything! Tweet us @TheMRLshow