Primary Menu
GIENGEN, GERMANY - NOVEMBER 23: A teddy bear has the company logo pinned to its ear at the Steiff stuffed toy factory on November 23, 2012 in Giengen an der Brenz, Germany. Founded by seamstress Margarethe Steiff in 1880, Steiff has been making stuffed teddy bears since the early 20th century ever since her nephew Richard Steiff exhibited the first commercially produced teddy bear in Europe in 1903. Teddy bears are among the most popular children's toys and the company is hoping for a strong Christmas season. (Photo by Thomas Niedermueller/Getty Images)

After 2-year-old Luis Eduardo Gomez fell from a second-story window, his parents have never been so thankful for his cow stuffed animal.

The little boy was jumping on the bed and accidentally bounced out of the window. Luis fell approximately 16-feet before landing on concrete.

Luckily for the boy and his parents, he was not injured nor did he suffer from broken bones. When Luis fell out of the window, he was holding his stuffed cow who received most of the impact. Luis Estrada, his great-uncle, told The Boston Globe that “God saved him, the cow helped.”

Overall, the boy is expected to make a full recovery. Fire Chief John Quatieri said that “he had some abrasions and a laceration on his forehead, but we think he’s going to be OK.” Luis was taken to the Massachusetts General Hospital and was held overnight.

His sister, who is 12-years-old, was playing with her brother at the time of his fall. Needless to say, she was scared when this incident occurred.

According to The Boston Globe, children accidentally falling from windows is not a rare event. During the summer, since people have their windows open, events like this happen. Chelse Police Chief Brian Kyes reported that “There are some high-rises where we’ve had incidents of kids falling out of theirs-and even fourth-story windows. Fortunately, I don’t believe we’ve ever had a child die, but they have been seriously injured, breaking bones and whatnot. I’m just glad that in this case no one was badly hurt.”

Parents who are reading this article, it is recommended to keep windows closed in areas where your child is playing. If the only option is to keep your window open, then we suggest supervising your kids.